Online Core: Variable Brand Voice
Think creatively and use font variability beyond the expected axis during this practical workshop spanning four Thursdays (October 6 through 27).
Deriving from Plau’s experience building variable brand voices for clients around the world, we will share our process and help you expand your vision of what’s possible.
We believe we can solve humanity’s biggest mysteries with fonts. If that fails… hey, at least we can use this new found tool in our next design project.
- How to think creatively with variable fonts
- How to make apparently impossible letters shapes to morph just right
- Where and when to solve design problems with variable fonts (spoiler: Everywhere and every time!
- How to convince the clients that it is a path worth taking
- How to talk to clients about it
- Sketchbook and basic drawing materials to jot down the process and ideas.
Note: This workshop is only open to students enrolled in the 2022 Type West Online Postgraduate Certificate Program in Type Design.